Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jose Mourinho : I am here because of this club's outstanding history

New Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has revealed his excitement about what lies ahead following his first day in the job, insisting he will be a success with los Blancos.

“I am very excited. Real Madrid is the perfect club for me because it is big, very ambitious and has tremendous potential,” Mourinho told the club's official website.

“I am very confident in my abilities and have high self-esteem. I believe everything will turn out for the best and that I will be very successful. I always think positively.”

Mourinho jumped ship following his unprecedented treble with Inter and went on to reveal what urged him to accept president Florentino Perez’s offer.

"I am here because of this club's outstanding history,” he said.

“Fans who go to the Bernabeu always expect the best. During the pre-season they are already thinking about the titles the team will win. Real Madrid's method of thinking is not that different than mine.”

Finally, the ‘Special One’ said he was looking forward to the challenge and that he welcomed the pressure of such a high-profile role.

"I will first put all the pressure on myself to work as hard as I can, to stay motivated and to feel the pressure. I need to have this kind of pressure. If I can be in an environment where I have this kind of pressure, even better.”

source: goal.com

No comments: