Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Special One Aiming At A Place In Real Madrid History

Jose Mourinho told a press conference that he aims to go down in the history books of the storied club.

The Portuguese tactician has achieved tremendous success in previous positions at Porto, Chelsea and Inter, winning the Champions League twice, and he is aiming to complete a remarkable hat-trick with los Blancos.

“Real Madrid is a team that generates very high expectations,” he noted. “It is a one-of-a kind and it was named the best team of the 20th Century. I haven't been here very long, but I have already realised what this team is made of and I would like to be a part of the history of Real Madrid.”

Mourinho also spoke of the workload on the players, stating that it has been abnormally high of late.

“In football you must tire in the final minute, not at the very beginning of a match, which is what is happening to us now because of the workload,” he said. “The reason we cancelled one of the training sessions is to allow the players more time to rest.”

Meanwhile, he took time to discuss two of his Galacticos: Kaka, who is out for the first portion of the season due to injury, and Cristiano Ronaldo, who excelled in his first campaign after being made the world’s most expensive player last summer when he moved from Manchester United.

“In reference to Kaka, all that matters is that the operation was a success. There are no more questions about his situation or his recovery. As the leader of a group, I cannot waste time crying over a player. I have other players counting on me. My philosophy doesn't allow me to have any doubts or to cry. I have no doubts regarding the quality of our medical staff. I will not speak about Kaka while he is out.

“Cristiano enjoys the physical workouts and I think he will be pleased that my training methods will make him happy. On the pitch, Cristiano is Cristiano and I am sure he will have a great season playing for me.”

Any potential arrivals at the Santiago Bernabeu before the close of the transfer window must be great players according to Mourinho.

“I have everything I need, so when someone wants to give me a gift, it must be very special,” ‘Mou’ stated. “So if the president and his staff want to give me something, it must be very good. They have a month to think about it and buy it.”

source: goal.com

No comments: